NOTE: This is NOT a Section 8 unit. It is private and a local family owned duplex.
It is approximately 650 square feet of space with large size rooms.
- Living Room - Has vinyl waterproof flooring. A full size picture window and a side wall window looking out to the carport. Front door has vintage peep hole viewer.
- Kitchen & Dining Room - Is a moderate size with vinyl floors. Includes apartment size gas stove/oven, vent hood with fan & light, and has a refrigerator. A large size window views the backyard. Off to the right is the open entry doorway into the utility room which has a washer & dryer hook-up. New water heater. Generous storage cabinets are also there. There is a rear door that opens out the back. A lighted patio area right that is off the kitchen and dining room. (Washer and Dryer is NOT furnished).
- Bedrooms closets are very large.
- Linen closet in hallway. There is also pull down stairs to access ample attic storage space.
- The all ceramic tiled bath room is at the end of the hall and has a tub & a new surround with shower and new fixtures. A mirror medicine cabinet with lights and ceiling exhaust fan/light combo.
- Carport with an attached 4' x 8' x 10' storage shed. A handy faucet for car washing or misc. use.
- Large yard in the rear with large shade trees behind each unit. Front yard is small with a shade tree in front of each unit. Tenants are responsible for their own yard maintenance (mowing, trimming, etc.) Tenants are welcome to landscape mutually but making major changes are only with consent of the landlord.
- Prompt maintenance is provide by reputable and licensed contractors. A link maintenance is provided on this web site to report anything that the landlord is responsible for repairing.
- A free Tenant portal that is secure to pay rent online, send messages to Landlord and report service orders.
This unit #22 is renting for $675.00 per month. No utilities are included. The utilities that you would be responsible for are: Electric; gas; water; sewer & trash.
If you have school age children there are a few choices of elementary schools. High School is Belleville West. West Jr. High and Abram Lincoln K-6.
Our neighborhood has been safe. There are several police officers who live in the neighborhood. There are some homes in this area that are not rentals. There is a neighborhood watch and some limited video surveillance.
There is a security deposit. This deposit is not to be used toward paying the last months rent when you move. It is held in a special escrow account that is used if a tenant damages anything. We do a face-to-face walk through and record on paper and pictures anything necessary to show the condition prior to move-in. We do it again on moving out. Adjustments, if any, are deducted from the deposit. Either the full deposit amount is refunded or the balance after adjustments (damage or repairs including any cleaning, etc.) The amount of this deposit generally will be equal to the monthly rent. The amount may be determined by your credit report and past rental history.
This unit is in the City of Belleville, IL in St. Clair County. It will be inspected and approved for renting. You will be required to obtain an occupancy permit. Fee payable to the City of Belleville, IL - Number of occupants will be determined by the Inspector however we expect it to be a maximum of four. The City requires a background check by the Landlord and you must sige the Belleville Police Crime Free Ordinance form.
Please visit the other links for photos and more information. Then use the links above to contact us and download a rental application.
This apartment-duplex in offered with a simple Month to Month agreement. Rent is due on the 1st of each month. The first Month is move-in-Month and will be prorated if move in is after the 1st. (A 30 day notice to move may be given by either party).
Please use the contact form to make an appointment to see this duplex or ask questions.
Application and Move In Requirements
- Application Fee - $20 for each person over the age of 18 that will occupy this unit. (This fee is non-refundable). Please download and print this application. This is the link to the rental application click here or on link above. Please bring it with you when you view the rental unit. The City of Belleville requires us to do a background criminal history report and present a special form to City Services for occupancy permit. There is a fee for this that will be collected if you apply for tenancy.
- Rental Hold Deposit - $50.00 minimum to HOLD the unit while your application is being processed. (This deposit will be refunded if your application is not approved - Exception: If false statements are made your deposit will be forfeited for lost rent). This process is usually completed within 24 hours excluding Sunday.
- If approved, your deposit will be deducted from the first months rent and the balance will be collected along with the security deposit.
- Your rental agreement will be reviewed with you then signed. A copy will be furnished to you.
- You are required by the City of Belleville to go to City Services and obtain an occupancy permit prior to moving in. It will list only the names on the rental agreement which you are required to show them. A form will be provided by the landlord showing each adult passed a background check.
- You will need to get your utilities turned on. All you need to turn on is electric, gas and water. Sewer and trash is billed by the City of Belleville.
- Trash pickup is on Tuesday mornings weekly. One container is provided.
- You cut the grass & keep it looking as nice as your own home, which is what it will be as long as you live there. The City has an Ordinance on the height.
- We take care of our property and look forward to new tenants to move in and enjoy your new home!
For additional information and an appointment to view please click this Contact Us
link or the link above and fill in the form. We will review it and then contact you.